Since we’re trying to clear out the fridge before we move this weekend (eek!) I’ve been trying not to buy too much food to get us through the week. That’s where crockpot meals have come to the rescue! I can make one thing in the crockpot on Monday and it will last us through the week. Last week’s recipe was taco chicken. You can eat it over rice, with chips, in a tortilla or by itself. It’s so good you will want to try it every way!
– 2 chicken breasts
– 1 16oz jar of salsa
– 1 can black beans, drained
– half a bag frozen corn
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1 tbsp chili powder
– 1/2 tbsp cumin
– 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
– white rice
– toppings: shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole
- Put everything except the rice and toppings in the crockpot, make sure the chicken is covered.
- Cook for 8 hours on low.
- Cook the rice before the chicken is done.
- When chicken is done, shred it with a fork and stir in crockpot.
- Create the bowl by first adding rice followed by the chicken mixture and top with any toppings (I had cheese and cilantro)Enjoy!
The August box did not disappoint with another adorable box design. (if you need ideas on how to use the empty boxes, click here!) Here’s what I got in mine:
– Coola Organic Makeup Setting Spray: This is the sample I chose for this month since I’ve been wanting a setting spray. It’s also SPF 30 so it works double duty.
– Beauty Protector Leave-in Conditioner: I’ve never tried a leave-in conditioner before so I can’t say I’m exactly sure what it’s supposed to do but this one worked great for untangling my hair without leaving it greasy!
– Harvey Prince Hello Perfume: I’ll admit I was a little annoyed to see yet another perfume sample in my Birchbox this month but to my surprise I actually really like this one! It’s light and fruity and doesn’t smell too perfume-y. Since I usually hate all perfumes this one must be good!
– Laqa and Co. Cheeky Lip Crayon: Love this one! I’ve been using it on my lips nonstop but I feel like it would be way too dark for cheeks.
– Supergoop! Hand Cream: I always like a good hand lotion since my hands get super dry but I’m not exactly sure the point of the SPF. It seems like it just makes it a little thicker than it needs to be.
What’d you get in your box this month?
[follow me on Bloglovin’]
The fridge is one place that can tend to fill up quickly and be a daunting task to get it back to being organized again. One of my least favorite things in the world is cleaning out moldy or smelly food that’s been in the fridge for way too long. A quick tip to avoid this is to clean out your fridge once a week, the night before trash day. Go through and check everything and throw out any leftovers or expired food.
Also, quickly go through the pantry and toss anything that’s stale and remove snacks you tried but didn’t like. I tend to want to try out new snacks but just as often I end up not liking them. I suggest tossing them (instead of keeping them until they expire and finally throwing it away) or if you feel bad about throwing away perfectly good food, bring it to the office and chances are someone will like it!
*image source: Martha Stewart
I’m a fairly new subscriber to Birchbox and have a love/hate relationship with the samples and inevitable clutter that comes along with it. After being subscribed for a few months I’ve noticed another Birchbox related problem; the adorable boxes the samples come in. Some of them are just really hard to throw away. So! If you have this problem like I do or just a problem hoarding small cute boxes, I’m here to help with some handy uses for those boxes!
- Special photo collection:
- Nightstand essentials:
- Desk assesories:
- Gift wrapping supplies:
- Junk drawer items:
Any other ideas?
Follow me on Bloglovin’!
I’ve always been envious of the people that accomplish about 20 things in the morning before my alarm even goes off for the first time. I’ve been striving to get into a morning routine for a while and although now I no longer wake up with 20 minutes to get ready for work, I still don’t always have the productive mornings I would like. If only my bed was a little less comfortable… Anyways. Here’s what my perfect morning routine would look like to give me some inspiration to make it happen! And if anyone has any good tips on how to wake up earlier, please let me know!
6 am Wake up!
6:15-6:50 Drink coffee and blog
7:20-8 Shower and get ready for the day
8-8:20 Pack a healthy breakfast and lunch
8:20-8:40 Read or get a few things done around the house
8:40 Go to work!
Seems doable, right? What’s your morning routine?
Follow me on Bloglovin’!
I think I’ve mentioned this mac and cheese on the blog before but I can’t believe I haven’t shared the recipe yet! It’s literally my favorite thing ever. Trust me and just make it and I promise it will soon become your favorite thing ever as well. As long as you like cheese (and if you don’t, I’m not sure we can be friends anymore ;)) there’s nothing not to love! Alright, here’s the recipe:
1 box of shell pasta
4 cloves garlic
4 tbsp butter
3 cups whole milk
4 oz cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook the noodles al dente.
2. In a saucepan melt the butter and add garlic for one minute.
3. Add cream cheese, 2 cups of milk (save 1 cup for later) and the cheese. Stir until cheese begins to melt and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, add 2 eggs and the last cup of milk and whisk together.
5. Add the drained noodles, cheese, and egg mix to a crockpot with salt and pepper and stir.
6. Cook on low for 1 hour.
Now try not to eat every last bite of the deliciousness that is this mac and cheese :)
[recipe adapted from here]
Sometimes I find I’m in a bit of a slump. Maybe I’m exhausted or stressed or work is crazy and all I want to do is sit on the couch and…. do absolutely nothing. Sound familiar? If so, here are a few ideas of activities that can help get you out of your slump and be inspired:
1. Take a walk
2. Read a magazine you don’t normally read
3. Make a list
4. Talk to a friend you haven’t talked to in a while
5. Read a book
6. Try a new recipe
7. Make a collage
8. Write in a journal
9. Write down short term goals
10. Write down long term goals
11. Give a piece of furniture an update
12. Watch a documentary
13. Discover a new restaurant
14. Listen to a mood playlist on Spotify
15. Go on Pinterest
16. Follow new Instagram accounts
17. Create a morning routine
18. Buy fresh flowers
19. Read blogs
21. Plant an herb garden
22. Go somewhere pretty and take pictures
23. Paint your nails a new color
24. Rearrange your room
26. Write a handwritten letter and send it
27. Create a mood board
28. Take a class
29. Clean out your closet
30. Take a bubble bath
32. Try a DIY project
33. Go to a park
34. Refresh your workspace
What do you do to stay inspired?
You may also be interested in:
– My Top 5 Inspiring Books
– How to Relax After a Long Day
– 4 Ways to Stay Motivated at Work
I took a bit of a break from wedding planning for the past couple months since we got so much stuff done right after getting engaged. Now I’m getting back into it full force! I’m starting on some of the decorating and details of everything which is a lot of fun!. Hopefully I can get some more planning out of the way before we have to start the moving process (we finally found a house!). Naturally I’ve been pinning like crazy so I wanted to share some of my inspiration [see my first wedding inspiration post here] :
This month’s Birchbox has been my favorite so far! The theme was “go bold.” Here’s what I got:
They’re Real! Mascara: I’ve been hearing about this mascara so I was super excited to see it in my box this month. So far it goes on great (no clumps!) and lasts all day. No complaints here.
Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face: I haven’t tried this yet but I think it will be great for summer because of the high SPF! And I love anything with cucumber :)
Luminizing Moisture Tint: I love a good luminizer and this one goes on smooth and leaves a subtle dewy look. And bonus, it has SPF.
Weightless Moisture Leave-In Conditioning Mist: I’ve never tried a leave in conditioner before but this one was great for detangling and didn’t leave my hair greasy at all.
Look at Me Liquid Lipstick: I got this in coral and it is super bright! That being said it’s a fun summer color and after wearing it at work for 8 hours, it was just as bright as when I put it on that morning. Pretty impressive!
What’d you get this month?