The August box did not disappoint with another adorable box design. (if you need ideas on how to use the empty boxes, click here!) Here’s what I got in mine:
– Coola Organic Makeup Setting Spray: This is the sample I chose for this month since I’ve been wanting a setting spray. It’s also SPF 30 so it works double duty.
– Beauty Protector Leave-in Conditioner: I’ve never tried a leave-in conditioner before so I can’t say I’m exactly sure what it’s supposed to do but this one worked great for untangling my hair without leaving it greasy!
– Harvey Prince Hello Perfume: I’ll admit I was a little annoyed to see yet another perfume sample in my Birchbox this month but to my surprise I actually really like this one! It’s light and fruity and doesn’t smell too perfume-y. Since I usually hate all perfumes this one must be good!
– Laqa and Co. Cheeky Lip Crayon: Love this one! I’ve been using it on my lips nonstop but I feel like it would be way too dark for cheeks.
– Supergoop! Hand Cream: I always like a good hand lotion since my hands get super dry but I’m not exactly sure the point of the SPF. It seems like it just makes it a little thicker than it needs to be.
What’d you get in your box this month?
[follow me on Bloglovin’]
This month’s Birchbox has been my favorite so far! The theme was “go bold.” Here’s what I got:
They’re Real! Mascara: I’ve been hearing about this mascara so I was super excited to see it in my box this month. So far it goes on great (no clumps!) and lasts all day. No complaints here.
Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face: I haven’t tried this yet but I think it will be great for summer because of the high SPF! And I love anything with cucumber :)
Luminizing Moisture Tint: I love a good luminizer and this one goes on smooth and leaves a subtle dewy look. And bonus, it has SPF.
Weightless Moisture Leave-In Conditioning Mist: I’ve never tried a leave in conditioner before but this one was great for detangling and didn’t leave my hair greasy at all.
Look at Me Liquid Lipstick: I got this in coral and it is super bright! That being said it’s a fun summer color and after wearing it at work for 8 hours, it was just as bright as when I put it on that morning. Pretty impressive!
What’d you get this month?
Birchbox is at it again with a collaboration with another one of my all time favs: Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere, one of my top 5 favorite bloggers. So basically this was all I needed to be convinced to try Birchbox for another month (not to mention it’s kind of addictive). In this month’s box I received:
– Beauty Protector Beauty Wash Body Cleanser: This body wash smells amazing! The wash lathers great and the scent seems to linger a bit which I don’t mind at all!
– Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Eyeshadow Quad: Of the 4 eyeshadows in this sample, I’m loving the dark brown and gold ones. I’ve been using the brown daily and sometimes adding a little bit of gold in the creases. The other two colors are a dark purple and a sparkly purple and I’m not sure I will ever use those.
– Harvey Prince Sea Salt Texturizing Mist: I just tried this today for the first time and it smells great! It didn’t seem to have too much of an effect of my straight, thick hair though.
– Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: I love when you can feel an exfoliating scrub working but it’s not too abrasive like this one. It seemed to leave my skin a little bit smoother and brighter!
– Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream: This cream is popular in Japan and can be used all-over from your heels to your lips. I’ve tried it on both and it seems to do it’s job. The only problem I have is the smell, it’s awful! It does go away after a minute when it soaks into your skin but when I use it on my lips I have to hold my breath!
I had already pre-ordered Emily’s new book “Cupcakes and Cashmere at Home” before receiving this Birchbox (this months Birchbox included a special offer to spend $55 at Birchbox and receive the book for free) and received it shortly after the box. I’m reading it now and I love getting a chance to peak into her house a lot more than we get to see on her blog. It’s definitely inspiring and the pictures are beautiful!
In previous posts I have expressed my hatred for beauty samples (see here) but my love for Rifle Paper Co. conquered all when I saw the Rifle Paper Co. + Birchbox collaboration. I’ve always been a little intrigued by Birchbox so this collab was all I needed to cave in and give it a try! I got my first box last weekend and it was just as pretty as I’d hoped it would be.
My box included a perfume sample, CC cream, body/face lotion, a 3-minute peel and a lip and cheek stain. I love the jane iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain and have been wearing it on my lips and cheeks since I got it. This is one I may have to order again! The Supergoop!® Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 35+ is great too, I’ve been using this every day as well. It’s a high SPF but doesn’t feel too heavy! The Temple Spa Peace Be Still Calming Face & Body Balm smells really good and lotion always comes in handy but it didn’t seem like anything special to me. I haven’t tried the Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel yet but I will definitely give it a try soon! The only product I absolutely didn’t like was the Harvey Prince Yogini perfume sample. The smell wasn’t terrible but it just wasn’t for me.
Overall I would say I was happy with my box and I will give it another try next month! As long as I use up the samples I get as soon as I get them or throw away the ones I don’t like, I can hopefully keep the amount of samples laying around to a minimum! Have you tried Birchbox? What do you think?