Birchbox is at it again with a collaboration with another one of my all time favs: Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere, one of my top 5 favorite bloggers. So basically this was all I needed to be convinced to try Birchbox for another month (not to mention it’s kind of addictive). In this month’s box I received:
– Beauty Protector Beauty Wash Body Cleanser: This body wash smells amazing! The wash lathers great and the scent seems to linger a bit which I don’t mind at all!
– Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Eyeshadow Quad: Of the 4 eyeshadows in this sample, I’m loving the dark brown and gold ones. I’ve been using the brown daily and sometimes adding a little bit of gold in the creases. The other two colors are a dark purple and a sparkly purple and I’m not sure I will ever use those.
– Harvey Prince Sea Salt Texturizing Mist: I just tried this today for the first time and it smells great! It didn’t seem to have too much of an effect of my straight, thick hair though.
– Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: I love when you can feel an exfoliating scrub working but it’s not too abrasive like this one. It seemed to leave my skin a little bit smoother and brighter!
– Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream: This cream is popular in Japan and can be used all-over from your heels to your lips. I’ve tried it on both and it seems to do it’s job. The only problem I have is the smell, it’s awful! It does go away after a minute when it soaks into your skin but when I use it on my lips I have to hold my breath!
I had already pre-ordered Emily’s new book “Cupcakes and Cashmere at Home” before receiving this Birchbox (this months Birchbox included a special offer to spend $55 at Birchbox and receive the book for free) and received it shortly after the box. I’m reading it now and I love getting a chance to peak into her house a lot more than we get to see on her blog. It’s definitely inspiring and the pictures are beautiful!