Some days (or pretty much every day in my case) you come home from a long day and all you want to do is crawl under the covers and go to sleep. If you don’t actually want to go to bed at 6pm (although I admit this does happen every once in a while!) here are some other ideas of how to unwind after a long day:
– Yoga is one of my favorite ways to trick my body into exercising while also de-stressing and stretching. It feels great after sitting in the same spot all day and helps my body and mind get into relaxation mode. Check out the 30-day yoga challenge for a great place to start!
– Read a magazine about something that interests you, light a candle and put your feet up. Some of my favorites include Real Simple, Elle, Elle Decor and Domino.
– Drink a cup of tea. Heat up some water and make yourself some chamomile or a nighttime blend of tea.
– Listen to music. When’s the last time you just listened to music and did nothing else?
– Go for a walk around your neighborhood, grab a friend to chat with or go alone to just think and spend some time with nature.
– Take a long bath, maybe bring that magazine, some candles and some good smelling body wash or bath bombs.
– Write lists, a blog, a journal entry, a short story or a poem. Whatever comes naturally.
– Call a friend. Preferably one that will make you laugh and put you in a good mood.
– Reading a book is definitely my go to after a long day!
How do you relax after a long day?