Since we’re trying to clear out the fridge before we move this weekend (eek!) I’ve been trying not to buy too much food to get us through the week. That’s where crockpot meals have come to the rescue! I can make one thing in the crockpot on Monday and it will last us through the week. Last week’s recipe was taco chicken. You can eat it over rice, with chips, in a tortilla or by itself. It’s so good you will want to try it every way!
– 2 chicken breasts
– 1 16oz jar of salsa
– 1 can black beans, drained
– half a bag frozen corn
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1 tbsp chili powder
– 1/2 tbsp cumin
– 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
– white rice
– toppings: shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole
- Put everything except the rice and toppings in the crockpot, make sure the chicken is covered.
- Cook for 8 hours on low.
- Cook the rice before the chicken is done.
- When chicken is done, shred it with a fork and stir in crockpot.
- Create the bowl by first adding rice followed by the chicken mixture and top with any toppings (I had cheese and cilantro)Enjoy!