Sometimes after a long week all you really feel like doing is staying home. If this is you (it’s me A LOT) and you have a significant other to stay in with you, here are some ideas of how you can still have a fun date night while staying in. :)
– Play an outdoor game. Our dart board is one of our best investments. It gives you a reason to go outside, have a beer and have a little friendly competition. Preferably do this while also grilling something delicious for dinner.
– Drink wine and eat cheese. Wine and cheese are definitely two of my favorite things. Grab a few different bottles of wines you’ve never tried that you can sample (try buying all of one kind and rate them!) and create a cheese plate with different cheeses, meats, fruits and crackers. Light some candles, turn on some music and relax!
– Have a theme night. Pick a theme and center everything else around this theme. For example, Mexican: cook tacos, make margaritas, put on some salsa music and get your dance on!
– Do a puzzle. I know this one sounds kinda lame but it can actually be super fun! I finally convinced my fiancé to try a puzzle and he surprisingly loved it! It’s something laid back to do while you’re also able to have a conversation.
– Take a walk or a bike ride around your neighborhood. Go on an adventure together and the bonus is you get a little exercise too!
– Agree to watch one of your significant other’s favorite movies and in return they have to watch one of yours all in the same night. It’s more fun than just finding a random movie on Netflix and you might learn something about each other!
– Do a project together. My favorite is to repurpose an old piece of furniture but you could also create some diy artwork or build a garden box!