I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day! It was too cold for the picnic on the boat I was hoping to have, so instead we took a long walk around a park close by and then made a big dinner at the house! I wanted to share the recipe for the appetizer we ate while we cooked. It would be great to bring to a party and it’s super easy! Disclaimer: I made 12 of them and between the two of us they were completely gone before dinner was ready!
-1 bag of mini sweet peppers
-1 4oz. package of goat cheese
-salt and pepper
-pesto sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the concave side of the peppers off (so they won’t tip over), leaving the stem on.
3. Remove the seeds and membranes and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
4. In a bowl, stir together goat cheese with salt and pepper (I microwaved the cheese first for about 10 seconds to make it easier to stir and scoop out).
5. Scoop the goat cheese into each pepper.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve with a bowl of pesto sauce for dipping.