Ok guys, so bad news. I totally dropped the ball on last weeks challenge. There is no excuse but I did learn that I’m going to have to set an alarm for some of these so I actually remember to do them. So! I’m going to give myself another chance. My alarm is set and I plan on being serious about reading this week! Sorry about that… new challenge next week. Moving on!
After being with the same person for a while, you can start to get set in your routine of staying in to drink wine and watch netflix or going to your favorite restaurant every Friday night. I think It happens to all of us! So, I’m here to give you some fresh ideas if you’re feeling stuck in a date rut with your significant other. Here are some ideas for a date night out and I’ll be back another day with fun ideas for staying in too :)
– Trivia: find a local restaurant or bar that does trivia and go see how many random facts you know (or don’t know)!
– Try a new restaurant: look up new restaurants that have opened recently in your area and give it a try!
– Pack a picnic: grab some cheese, crackers, champagne and a blanket and head to the beach or a park, preferably somewhere you can watch the sun set.
– Live music: find somewhere playing live music and give it a try! Even if you have no idea who the band is, that actually makes it more fun and interesting.
– Try something different: have you both been to a ballet? an orchestra concert? a play? Discover your local arts culture and try something new together.
– Craft breweries: they’re popping up everywhere so why not see what ones are nearby and go do a tasting?
– Travel to a nearby town: sometimes just going to the next town over gives you a ton of new things to try and can make you feel like you’re on a mini vacation.
– Go to a sporting event: whether you’re into sports or not, going to a local baseball game or hockey game can be something different and bonus: you get to drink beer and eat yummy snacks. Make a bet on the winning team!
Any other ideas? :)