I often find myself craving to go out for a good curry dinner. This one satisfies my need but doesn’t require me to go outside or spend a lot of money. It’s one of the first recipes I learned to make, back when I had absolutely no idea what I was doing in a kitchen (thanks to my sister for giving me this super simple recipe). It’s easy and great for last minute entertaining. Make it mild or more spicy depending on your taste. For less spicy look for a mild curry paste and add less cumin.
Makes about 4 servings.
– thin chicken cutlets
– white rice
– 1 white onion
– 1 red pepper
– 2 tablespoons curry pasta
– 1 can coconut milk
– cumin to taste
1. First cook the chicken with oil in a pan for 3-4 minutes a side. Dice chicken, set aside.
*Start cooking white rice to pour curry over (I use boxed rice, it takes about 20 minutes).
2. Dice up onion and peppers and cook together in oil in a sauté pan on medium heat until onions are semi-translucent.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of curry paste.
4. Add one whole can of coconut milk.
5. Stir until combined.
6. Add spices to taste.
7. Let simmer on medium heat for around 10 minutes until onion and pepper is tender.
8. Add chicken for 5-10 min to reheat.
9. Spoon curry onto rice and…