If you haven’t already noticed I don’t often cook with meat. It’s definitely not because I’m a vegetarian (I love me a cheeseburger) it’s more that I absolutely hate touching raw meat. So usually if I eat meat at home it’s because my boyfriend makes it, otherwise I stick to the meatless dishes like this one (which would be super easy to add some meat to if you so desired). Perfect for these chilly nights when you just want a big bowl of something warm to sit on the couch with under a lot of blankets and a movie. Enjoy :)
1 can northern beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can whole tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
3 garlic cloves
1 red or green pepper
3 tbls Chili powder
1.5 tsp Cumin
Toppings (optional): shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro
1. Drain and rinse all beans. Set aside.
2. Cook chopped garlic, onion and green pepper in oil in a large pot on medium heat until soft.
3. Add all other ingredients to the pot and stir.
4. Bring to a boil then simmer on low until ready to eat.
5. Serve with chosen toppings and a side of cornbread (I usually just make it from a box).
See, I told you it was easy! Another even easier way is to throw everything in a crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours :)