This past week we packed up our house, moved everything into storage and moved in with my parents. We’re closing on the new house on Monday (if we can avoid the hurricane) and will hopefully be moved in before we head to Boston next Friday. Basically, I haven’t had much time to think about blogs, let alone what we are going to do while we’re in Boston (if anyone has any suggestions, please share!) but I managed to take some pictures of the quinoa tabouli salad I made recently so here’s the recipe! It’s delicious and will be stay just as delicious all week for lunch.
– 1 1/2 cups quinoa
– 1/2 english cucumber, cut in pieces
– grape tomatoes, cut in half
– 1 can of beans (garbanzo beans are best but I didn’t have any so I used northern beans), rinse and drain
– green onion
– fresh mint
– feta cheese
– 1/2 cup olive oil
– balsamic vinegar
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– minced garlic
– salt and pepper
*(mix everything together in a mason jar and set aside)
1. Make quinoa according to the package and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine cucumber, tomatoes, beans, green onions, mint, parsley and quinoa.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir.
4. Add feta cheese on top.
I followed [this recipe] but made adjustments based on what ingredients I had. You could easily switch it up with a different dressing or add in other veggies you have in the fridge!