Stuffed peppers make for a hearty meal with great leftovers! My grandma used to make stuffed peppers all the time and although I don’t have her exact recipe, this one is definitely reminiscent of it. It’s always extra special when a meal is not only delicious but has memories that go along with it!
– 4 peppers (any color, just make sure they can stand up well on their own)
– 2 cups brown rice (I just use a box)
– 2 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
– 1lb. ground beef
– Mozzarella cheese
– 1tbsp. worcestershire sauce
– 2 garlic cloves minced
– Italian seasoning
1. Cut off the tops of all the peppers and clean out the seeds and membranes
2. Preheat oven to 350 degress
3. Cook brown rice according to instructions to make 2 cups
4. Cook garlic for one minute in oil
5. Add beef in skillet over medium heat and cook until brown
6. Place peppers in a baking dish
7. In a large bowl mix together: beef, garlic, rice, worchestershire sauce, one can of tomato sauce, salt and pepper
8. Use the mixture to stuff each pepper evenly
9. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over each pepper and sprinkle with italian seasoning
10. Bake for 45 minutes
11. Add mozzarella cheese over the top and bake for another 15 minutes, until cheese begins to brown.
Do you have any recipes connected to good memories?